Saturday, April 18, 2009

Face lift for the tired old bench




The weather has been great the last two days here so I have been playing outside and not painting inside so the office face lift has been put on hold till I get some outside projects done. I can do that when the weather is not so great for outside projects.
My Mom gave me this bench when my husband and I frist got married. The only outside seating I had consisted of two fold up lawn chairs my husband used for fishing. This bench was a very much needed addition to our empty porch. I have set on this little bench so many times watching Tiffany play, reading country sample and dreaming of my next project. The bench moves around It's been in the yard, on the porch, by the pool, and has been redwood stained, painted white, painted black, painted lite gray, and now painted barn red with the help of a stencil from http://www.scrappinalong.com/
Now it's got the warm inviting appeal it needed for this year. To set on the back porch

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,

    The bench turned out great! I love the cowboys!

    Can't wait to see the office!

    ReplyDelete