Sunday, January 10, 2010

Trash To Treasurer Corner Cabinet

As my daughter and I were driving along  I spoted this cabinet in the trash I put on the brakes. My daughter's reply was what are you doing. I said I'm seeing if that is really trash. I pulled in the drive and rang the door bell and ask IS THAT TRASH!!! ( which at this point I think My daughter was trying to fit in the glove box with embarrasment) The nice man said yes, so trying to act calm, I said can I have it??? He said sure. I was driving my explorer so it wouldn't fit and I ask if he would keep it for me till I drove several miles home to get my husbands truck. All the way to my house to get the truck Tiffany said I can't beleive you are doing this ( picking trash).  


















The saying is really true one mans trash is another ones treasurer. The paint job didn't turn out as well as I had wanted but the cabinet was painted with some kind of paint that even a electric sander could not sand down.I had to have a special oil base paint mixed at Sherwin Willams that would stick to it.But the cabinet is working out great in my sewing room for storage for material & patterns.  I  put the burlap in the doors to hide the view of all the stuff inside. Not sure I like that but I love my free cabinet well minus $20.00 for a quart of paint.  



1 comment:

  1. Kathy

    It looks great! What an incredible find! I love free trash! Wait til Tiff sees the finished product she is going to want it!

    Happy Trash Hunting!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete