Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Office redo, paint makes a difference

What a transformation a couple cans of paint can do these pictures were taken before I cleared out the office and started over. I didn't like the paint color to begain with but was so excited to have all the business stuff in one room.
The new paint colors are Kilz paint Autumn breeze mixed at Wal-mart and WaverlyHome Classics Colonial Beige which was mixed at Lowes in Valspar paint. The Kilz paint I had to do two coats to cover. When I Had Lowes mix the Colonial Beige I about fell over at the price of $30 a gallon, I had never paid that much for a gallon of paint, but I have to say in all the painting projects I have done that was the best paint I have ever used it coverd in one coat and was easy to roll out. I used twice the amount of Kilz paint for two walls as the Valspar.
In this picture you can see I still have a valance to make for the window as well as cover the latter back chair pad
The pictures really doesn't show the difference in color but this wall with the colonial beige almost has a faint green hint of color to it, which picks up the colors of green in the star rug. My friend (Monica) had a home decor store and every time I stopped in I admired this rug it was suppose to be in front of my fireplace but didn't work so I was determined to find it a place in my home. My dear husband when I ask him to help me hang it thought I had losted my mind to put a rug on the wall. He put up the brackets and went back outside when he come back in he was amazed at the transformation and gave it a thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,

    The office looks great! So glad you finally got Jimmy to move those heavy pieces for you! I love the rug on the wall, it's looks incredible. Can't wait to see the valances and chair pad!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete